Quick and Easy Valentine's Day Bookmark
Friday, 13 February 2015 | Vicky
If you’re looking for the perfect Valentine’s Day gift for the book-lover in your life, why not ditch the Amazon wishlist and try something handmade instead? Our bright and colourful felt bookmark is practical and pretty, and is the perfect way to keep your page.
You Will Need:
Sheets of coloured felt
A needle and thread
A sewing machine (optional)
A heart template
A glue gun
1. Begin by cutting out your felt hearts by using the template, then positioning them in a row vertically. Ideally you want them to reach to the bottom of the book once they’re overlapped.
2. Using a glue gun, place a small blob of glue onto each heart, and join them together – this means that when you come to stitch them together, they’ll stay in one place.
3. Using the sewing machine or a needle and thread, sew in a line down the centre of the hearts, then fasten off.
4. Cut one final heart from felt, the same colour as the one at the top of the row, and pin it onto the reverse to create a lip – this will hook over the top of the page and stop the bookmark from falling out.
5. Cut a length of ribbon roughly 5cm in length, then fold it in half and sandwich it between the two top hearts. Using a needle and thread, stitch around the top of the hearts to make sure everything stays in place. Fasten off, wrap beautifully and present to your loved one on the big day!