This kit will allow you to make a lampshade to your own design using your choice of covering - personalise it even more by designing your own fabric using our fabric inks.
The drum (round, to me and you) shaped lampshade measures 20cm in diameter and is up to approx. 18cm deep. It can be used as a pendant (ceiling) lamp or with a table lamp, which fits a standard bayonet cap (BC) holder, or remove the converter plus in the fitting supplied to fit an Edison Screw (E27) holder.
Easy to make, take a look at Cath Kidston's video here to see for yourself.
The kit contains
- Lampshade ring, epoxy coated
- Lampshade ring, epoxy coated with fitting
- Self adhesive lampshade panel size 643mm x 206mm includes 13mm kiss cut, which makes a white lining
- 3 metre roll self adhesive tape
- Rolled Edge tool for finishing
- Step by step instructions
- Lampshade covering 645mm wide x up to 220 mm to fit the supplied self adhesive panel
- A lamp base or ceiling fitting that takes a standard bayonet cap (most common in the UK) or an Edison Screw E27 (most common in Europe) bulb.
- A diffuser, if you prefer a covering on the bottom of your lampshade (optional, not included in the kit).
We recommend using a low energy bulb, which will avoid the potential of lampshade scorch. The lampshade materials have been tested and passed the glow wire test carried out by the Lighting Association so you can feel safe with your creations too.