DIY Concrete Plant Pot Tutorial
Thursday, 22 September 2016 | Nicola
Concrete is one of the biggest craft trends at the moment; Pinterest is awash with plant pots, chairs, table tops, desk tidies and pendants in beautiful shades of grey, and there are several different takes on textures too. We recently added some concrete craft products designed with makers in mind, and today we've got a super easy concrete plant pot DIY for you - and you won't need to go anywhere near B&Q!
You will need:
Viva decor Concrete Effect Creative Set
A paintbrush that you don't mind using with concrete
A plant pot
A small craft trowel
A paintbrush for painting with
1. Begin by painting a thin layer of the concrete paste onto your pot, and leaving to dry thoroughly. (We took it up and over the top, and around halfway down the inside of the pot as well.)
2. Once the first layer is dry, repeat the process but make the layer thicker. If you want a really smooth effect, use your trowel or a damp sponge to even out any bumps.
3. Once dry, apply both the light and dark glazes to give texture and depth to your pot. Leave to dry.
4. Finish by painting your pot in your chosen colours with acrylic paints; we went with turquoise and copper, because they're our current favourites!
5. Leave to dry, then pop a plant inside and admire!
Monday, 1 August 2016 | Nicola
Ten creative and easy crafts that will keep the kids happy during the summer holidays.
Friday, 29 July 2016 | Nicola
Ten super simple ideas for decorating your summer garden party.
Thursday, 17 March 2016 | Nicola
Now it’s March, we can say it’s officially spring – and all the best things start to happen in spring. This week, we’ve been playing with flower presses here at StickyTiger; there are so many things to make with preserved flowers and leaves, from cards and garlands to jewellery and artwork. Today, we’re going to show you how to make a super-easy DIY pressed flower plant pot.
Tuesday, 28 July 2015 | Nicola
Following on from our round-up of great garden crafts last week, we’ve got a nifty little tutorial today showing you how to make some quirky plant markers. So ditch the plastic sticks and permanent markers, grab some FIMO and get rolling!
Tuesday, 21 July 2015 | Nicola
July is a great month to spend in the garden; from the bright sunny days to balmy evenings, there’s plenty of time to get outside and get crafting. From creative ways to label your plants and nostalgic handmade boats, to fancy ways to upcycle the humble stick, we’ve compiled a nice long list of our favourite outdoor crafts from around the web.
Wednesday, 17 December 2014 | Nicola
Crisp foliage and glistening red berries look beautiful in the candle light, and can be easily made into tree decorations with some simple wooden discs and a trusty glue gun.
Tuesday, 9 September 2014 | Nicola
Although most people know you can stamp onto all types of paper and even several different fabrics, not everyone realises that you can use the same techniques onto 3D objects such as plant pots, vases, lampshades and other curved objects.
Tuesday, 3 June 2014 | Nicola
We’ve arrived at the fourth and final tutorial in our Summer Decor series, and continuing with the paper theme, this time we’re making decorative pinwheels in all colours and sizes.