Top Five DIY Christmas Decorations
Thursday, 24 November 2016 | Nicola
One of the best things about Christmas has got to be all the decorating; stringing up garlands, hanging lovely things on the tree and stitching little ornaments – it’s definitely a good time to be a crafter. Today, we’ve rounded up our favourite decorations for inspiration.
1. There’s nothing better than a good bit of old fashioned papercraft, which is why we adore this snowflake garland from Art Bar Blog. A lovely modern take on a traditional Christmas craft, we also love the idea of putting them inside tubes and giving them as gifts!
2. It has to be said, we’re complete suckers for origami, so this quick and easy paper diamond tutorial from Design and Form was always going to be on the list. We love it in pure white, but think it would look amazing in bright colours or festive prints, hung on the tree or strung into a garland.
3. Possibly our favourite find of the year has to go to the gold-tipped paper feathers tutorial from Lia Griffith, which might have caused a squealing moment when we saw them. They’d make beautiful present toppers for a stand-out gift, or alternatively you could make them into a wreath, or string them into a garland (we firmly believe there’s no such thing as too many garlands!)
4. Flickering candlelight is one of the best antidotes to cold, dark evenings, so when we saw these tiny clay houses filled with LED tealights at Junkaholique, we fell instantly in love. They look beautiful lined up on the mantle, but you could easily thread some string through and turn them into tree ornaments. Beautiful!
5. We talk a lot here at StickyTiger about how much we like working with felt, so these embroidered felt decorations from Nancy Nicholson are right up our street. Colourful, easy to make and perfect to work on curled up on the sofa in the evening.
Thursday, 17 December 2015 | Nicola
If you’ve found (or made!) the perfect present, you’re going to want to make the wrapping as exciting as what’s inside. These days, you can buy all sorts of fancy wrapping paper and eclectic gift toppers, but it’s always fun to make your own – today, we’ve got five great tips on making your gift stand out.
Thursday, 10 December 2015 | Nicola
Rustic style wooden Christmas decorations have been getting more and more popular over the last few years, but if you’re more into colour and pattern than nature and greenery, you can still join in with the trend. We’ve come up with two quick tutorials that combine the simplicity of wood with bright and cheerful Christmas colours.
Thursday, 3 December 2015 | Nicola
This time of year, the internet is drowning in DIY Christmas stocking tutorials….loads of lovely ideas that all have one thing in common – loads of sewing. So for those who aren’t that handy with a needle and thread, or anyone who just doesn’t have the time, we’ve got a quick and easy tutorial for a felt stocking which needs almost no sewing. More time for drinking mulled wine, then – win!
Thursday, 19 November 2015 | Nicola
While it might seem like the best things happen in London, Christmass-y goings-on up and down the country are starting over the next week or so – today we’ve gathered together just a few of the markets packed full of delicious food and drink, festive decorations and beautiful handmade gifts that are sure to get you into the Christmas spirit.
Monday, 16 November 2015 | Nicola
Here at StickyTiger, we think one of the best things about the run up to Christmas is heading off to one of the hundreds of craft fairs and markets. Today we’ve gathered together dates and times of some of the biggest and best events in London (we know, we know, they always get the best of everything!) coming up over the next few weeks – enjoy!
Monday, 5 January 2015 | Nicola
Old cards are perfect for upcycling and turning into other fab festive projects – we’ve found a few of our favourite ideas around the internet and have created an inspirational roundup to help you use up your stash.
Tuesday, 23 December 2014 | Nicola
Wrapping presents is one of the best parts of Christmas; festive music playing in the background, a glass of something warming and a good supply of embellishments mean you can really get into the Christmas spirit.
Sunday, 21 December 2014 | Nicola
From patterned FIMO to beautiful fabric versions, the possibilities for forever-tags are almost endless; today we’ve got a really easy tutorial for some super simple chalkboard tags which can be used time and time again.
Saturday, 20 December 2014 | Nicola
3D cards might sound tricky and time-consuming, but they don’t have to be – in the last instalment of our Christmas card tutorials, we’re going to show you how to make something that will really stand out.