Top Five DIY Christmas Decorations
One of the best things about Christmas has got to be all the decorating; stringing up garlands, hanging lovely things on the tree and stitching little ornaments – it’s definitely a good time to be a crafter. Today, we’ve rounded up our favourite decorations for inspiration.
1. There’s nothing better than a good bit of old fashioned papercraft, which is why we adore this snowflake garland from Art Bar Blog. A lovely modern take on a traditional Christmas craft, we also love the idea of putting them inside tubes and giving them as gifts!
2. It has to be said, we’re complete suckers for origami, so this quick and easy paper diamond tutorial from Design and Form was always going to be on the list. We love it in pure white, but think it would look amazing in bright colours or festive prints, hung on the tree or strung into a garland.
3. Possibly our favourite find of the year has to go to the gold-tipped paper feathers tutorial from Lia Griffith, which might have caused a squealing moment when we saw them. They’d make beautiful present toppers for a stand-out gift, or alternatively you could make them into a wreath, or string them into a garland (we firmly believe there’s no such thing as too many garlands!)
4. Flickering candlelight is one of the best antidotes to cold, dark evenings, so when we saw these tiny clay houses filled with LED tealights at Junkaholique, we fell instantly in love. They look beautiful lined up on the mantle, but you could easily thread some string through and turn them into tree ornaments. Beautiful!
5. We talk a lot here at StickyTiger about how much we like working with felt, so these embroidered felt decorations from Nancy Nicholson are right up our street. Colourful, easy to make and perfect to work on curled up on the sofa in the evening.