Colourful DIY Pop-Up Easter Cards
Friday, 27 March 2015 | Nicola
It wouldn’t be Easter without some crafting to accompany the piles of chocolate and hot-cross buns, so this week we’ve got an egg-sellent (sorry!) tutorial on how to make the easiest 3D greetings card ever.
You Will Need:
Printed scrapbook card
A card blank
Various washi tapes
A craft knife and a cutting mat
1. Start by deciding how big you want your egg shapes to be, then trace or print a template.
2. Fold your template in half, then place the crease along the edge of the honeycomb paper. Draw around it, and cut it out – you should have what looks like half an egg.
3. Slowly pull the layers apart and open the honeycomb egg up. Apply a little glue to one side and place in the centre of the opened card blank, then press down firmly. Repeat for the other edge – your 3D part is done!
3. Cut out four egg shapes from your scrapbook paper, and then decorate with layers of washi tape. Apply a sticky pad to the reverse and then stick them into place.
4. Decorate the front of your card – we cut some letters out of a square of scrapbook paper and then discarded them to create a stencil-effect, and stuck it on using washi tape.
5. Eat chocolate and admire!
Saturday, 7 March 2015 | Nicola
Here at StickyTiger, we think nothing says, ‘love you, Mum!’ like a homemade card – but if you’re new to papercrafting, the choice of papers, patterns, glues and embellishments can seem pretty daunting. In a bid to get more of you crafting rather than buying your cards, we’ve designed a really, really simple Mother’s Day card tutorial.
Tuesday, 10 February 2015 | Nicola
If you’ve decided to opt for a DIY or homemade Valentine’s card for that special someone this year, forget the flower cut-outs and stamped hearts, and impress your loved one with a DIY pop-up card – they’re really easy to make, but they don’t have to know that!
Friday, 30 January 2015 | Nicola
With February just around the corner, we’re thinking about Valentines Day here at StickyTiger; after all, it’s a great excuse to get crafting. If you’re thinking about whipping up a handmade card for your beloved this year, we’ve got a really easy tutorial for something a bit different here on the blog today.
Saturday, 20 December 2014 | Nicola
3D cards might sound tricky and time-consuming, but they don’t have to be – in the last instalment of our Christmas card tutorials, we’re going to show you how to make something that will really stand out.
Friday, 19 December 2014 | Nicola
In the second of our series of DIY Christmas card tutorials, we’re using next-to-nothing to create some lovely handmade cards, which will definitely find themselves in the centre of the mantelpiece this season.
Thursday, 18 December 2014 | Nicola
If you want to make someone a special card, but don’t have a lot of time to spare, our super simple paper bauble greetings cards could be just what you’re looking for.
Friday, 13 June 2014 | Nicola
Today we’re going to show you how to make a simple papercut Father’s Day card that will look like it came straight from the shelves of the local card shop.
Monday, 7 April 2014 | Nicola
Here at StickyTiger, we love a good celebration, and today we’re holding one of our own – because it’s our fourth birthday!